August 18, 2009

The name "Drew" might have tripped him up

My friend Karma is a little worried about Jack. Yesterday I opened the new issue of Entertainment Weekly to a killer picture of Drew Barrymore. (Check it out if you can - I'd link you to it if I knew how. But that's another topic altogether.) She's wearing a leather jacket and her hair is a little ratted, smudgy black eye makeup...that kind of picture.

So I show it to Jack. I was just planning to check in on his Girl Meter, where he's at these days with noticing he's a boy and some other people are not, you know what I mean. He's 11. I ask, pointing to the picture,

"Do you think she's pretty?"

He stares at it for a second, his brows furrowed, then looks at me, a little confused.

"That's a girl?"

Hm. Well then. I mean, what do you say to that?

Guess we'll wait on the Girl Meter for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment