The thing is, I spend way too much time on FB these days and not enough time writing real things, so I thought this might be a good way to get myself "to the page", as Joanne says, every day.
I have 30 days and 30 assignments. I also have a really nice new camera and four weeks of photography classes under my belt, so I think I'm ready to go. And instead of scribbling a one-sentence response to each of the daily assignments, my goal is to actually write.
So here we go. Welcome to my 30-Day Photo and Writing Challenge.
~ A picture of yourself with ten facts ~
|Circa 1966ish in Southern California. I guarantee|
either my Mom or my Grandma made this dress.
2. My initials spell my name. Except for a brief period when I was married to my ex-husband, they always have.
3. I once sold Rainbow vacuum cleaners for a living. It wasn't a great living, mind you. I set a woman's carpet on fire one time trying to show her the dirt in the fibers with a big spotlight.
4. I have lived in seventeen houses or apartments, in nine cities. This is the longest I've ever lived anywhere - 14 years! Before that, my longest stint was in London, where I lived for five years during high school.
5. I love to travel - anywhere - even if it's not far away. I love to fly and stay in hotels.
6. I went to a British high school in England for awhile. We wore hideous uniforms and were not allowed to wear nylons or makeup. I got beat up pretty regularly by mean British girls in the bathrooms at lunch time.
7. I've met David Cassidy. I'm still in love with him. Sorry, honey.
8. I never lie about my height or my age. Why bother? Clearly I'm short, and I kind of like getting older. It makes me feel like I've earned something.
9. I am the least athletic person I know. I am highly uncoordinated and ridiculously non-competitive. I don't understand game rules very well, either, which makes me a liability in any organized sport.
10. I talk to myself incessantly and I think I'm hilariously funny. Especially when no one else does.