January 1, 2011

To the New Year

Happy New Year, everyone!  I missed the opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas, so let's throw that in there too.

How quickly the days go by once school starts in September.  I always think I'm going to get so much done once the kids are gone all day, but it never happens.  It seems the more time I have, the less I get done.  Which should mean, theoretically, that since I'm working now, I'm uber-productive at home.

Not.

I didn't even completely decorate the house for the holidays this year.  Normally, we kind of go all out, with indoor and outdoor decorations that set the mood for the entire season.  John managed to get the yard done (beautifully, I might add) even with the trip to Hawaii right in the middle of the Parade of Boys with Ladders, our neighborhood weekend of Christmas light adornment.


But when we returned from heaven, I mean, Hawaii, I couldn't get into it.  Compared to previous years, I was kind of a humbug.

The good thing is that I don't have too much to take down and pack up.  Still, it's gotta be done and today's the day.  Once it's all back in the garage and shelves are dusted, knick-knacks are rearranged and replaced, carpets are vacuumed in places that normally don't get vacuumed, I'm planning to begin work on one of my NY resolutions, which is to be more organized as a mom who works outside the home.  It's been way too chaotic since I went back to work.  My time management sucks.

My other resolutions are just like yours: lose weight, spend more time with the kids, organize my photos, clean out the linen closets, call my mom more often, that sort of thing. Nothing interesting or new, but nonetheless full of hope.

Wishing you a quiet and restful weekend before the new year kicks into full gear.  Let's make it a great one!

1 comment:

  1. That picture is gorgeous! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, too!

    ReplyDelete