March 28, 2010

I Swear It's True

So this is what I get for not blogging/reading for long periods of time: I was nominated for an award and I didn't even know it!!!  Hello?!? That's my first one ever, and it's been sitting our there for  a month...my mother would be mortified at how late this thank-you note is:

Thanks to Little Ms. J for mentioning me in her Creative Blogger Award post.  She thinks I might have creative thoughts to offer in the challenge to give SIX LIES AND A TRUTH about myself. After you read them, all of you are supposed to guess which is the truth, and which are the things I creatively invented in my little head.

So here goes:

1.  I was suspended from a private school twice in the 8th grade, for smoking in the bathroom.

2.  I finished graduate school on the Dean's List, with a 3.9 GPA.

3.  My mom taught me to burp the alphabet forwards and backwards, Sometimes, we do it together at parties.  She taught Jack how to do it, too.

4.  I was arrested for disorderly conduct in my early 20s, while out partying with friends.  We were drunk (duh) and disturbing the peace. I spent the night in a jail in Santa Barbara and had to hock my moped to pay the fine.

5. I'm a closet Halo player, even though I outwardly hate computer games of any kind.

6. In 12th grade, I was impeached as President of the Pep Club because I was too bossy and too lazy. How can you be both?  

7. I balance my bank book in my head and am rarely ever wrong.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

That wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Seriously: you try it! I hereby nominate

Whispering Writer at Airing my Dirty Laundry

Joanne at I [Heart] Arugula

My new BF, Heidi, at Some Mad Hope

ED at Eternally Distracted, who, I'm certain, will find it nearly impossible to make up anything we won't believe.

Thanks again, Ms. J; I'm honored!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I can't see Pam burping the alphabet bakcwards or forward, but... I know you balance in your head, but you also attmept an anal register, but I do think you are wrong sometimes--so that would be a trick one. Give me a another minute or sixty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect the truth is number 5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are SO good!! Wow! I'm a lousy liar. I had to do something like this in college for a drama class, and I think I totally flunked it. (I think my mom would secretly be proud of this)

    I'm clearly at a disadvantage trying to guess here... I don't know you well enough. But I totally laughed at the pep club one. I think that's the truth. Not that I see you as bossy or lazy, but that's why it would look so obviously a lie.

    So...well...thanks for the nomination. Now I have to go think up some lies. I hope I'm as creative as you think i am!

    ReplyDelete